BAE Systems Forensics Suite Admin in Washington, District Of Columbia
The AFFS Admin will perform system administration activities to support the installation, operation, and maintenance of the AFFS forensics suite.
- The AFFS Admin will maintain the AFFS local area network (LAN), which includes the installation, configuration, maintenance, and monitoring of all switches, servers, network and routing protocols, communication paths, and other network devices.
- The AFFS Admin will install, configure, and maintain Cisco, Microsoft client/server and Red Hat Enterprise Linux operating systems (OS), internetworking OS (IOS) and software/application packages.
- The AFFS Admin will maintain the AFFS Microsoft Active Directory (AD).
- The AFFS Admin will install, configure, maintain, and monitor Network Attached Storage (NAS) servers and Storage Area Networks (SAN).
- The AFFS Admin will maintain an AFFS Network Management System (NMS).
- The AFFS Admin will apply applicable Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)
Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) and perform Security Readiness Reviews (SRRs) to improve information assurance and cyber security posture of AFFS systems and networks.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Applicant must be Eligible for a Secret clearance, but prefer an active Secret Fully Adjudicated clearance.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 7 years of IT experience.
- A Masters of Science degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Telecommunications, or other related scientific or technical discipline with 5 years of IT experience.
- A High School diploma and 13 years of IT experience.
Successful applicant will be able to work independently, demonstrate strong initiative, an ability to organize daily tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrates the following:
Working knowledge of various hardware platforms and software applications.
Experience with troubleshooting, proactively identifying issues and driving them to resolution.
Familiarity with documenting system functionality, source control systems and configuration/change management practices.
Strong communication skills (oral and written) as well as the ability to interact with team members, external vendors, various levels of management, and internal clients with assorted levels of computer experience.
Committed to results and success in accomplishing goals.
A fast learner with a demonstrated ability to quickly learn technology and understand unique system requirements.
Excellent customer service skills
Preferred Skills and Education
Bachelor s Degree in IT related field
Security CE certification
Standards compliance and information assurance
Prior experience training, coaching and working directly with end users
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That s BAE Systems. That s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Forensics Suite Admin
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression