BAE Systems Configuration Analyst I in Nashua, New Hampshire
I. BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Responsible within an assigned Line of Business or program group to provide assistance and support in matters pertaining to hardware configuration management under the direction of the Line of Business Configuration Management staff and a designated Configuration Manager. Work includes identification, control, status accounting and auditing those matters pertaining to configuration management.
II. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Duties and responsibilities which occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job. Incumbent(s) perform one or more of the following duties.)
1. Provides assistance in development and maintenance of the identification and establishment of designated baselines, including creation of specification trees and level breakdowns.
2. Records, classifies and analyzes, as knowledge is gained, engineering change requests for completeness and accuracy. Requests from originator additional information, if required, and obtains all appropriate approvals.
3. Assists the designated configuration manager in performing the program change control and processing system.
4. Reviews the final engineering change packages, drawings and documentation that has been changed to determine that the intent of the change order has been met, and that they were changed in compliance with established company practices and the configuration management plan and applicable MIL-STDS/SPECS.
5. Maintains the prescribed follow-up system to ensure that distribution, completion and release dates are in accordance with schedule.
6. Prepares and maintains graphs and/or summaries showing the status of engineering releases and changes.
7. Prepares, and may present, routine and special reports on configuration management activity and status to cognizant program, division and group management.
8. Assists in preparing for Internal Design Reviews and formal reviews on audits, such as Preliminary Design Reviews, Critical Design Reviews and Functional and Physical Configuration Audits.
9. Responds to inquiries from engineering personnel regarding the preparation of engineering change requests, proposal forms and related documents.
10. Participates in meetings with cognizant customer and company personnel, as required, to explain configuration status.
11. Performs other duties as required.
A. Responsibilities for Work of Others
Does not supervise or provide work direction to other employees.
B. Supervision Received
Receives limited supervision. Work is reviewed upon completion for adequacy in meeting objectives.
IV. WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
A. Within Company
Regular contact with co-workers within department to coordinate work products.
B. Outside of Company
Regular contact with parts vendors and customers in order to help coordinate work products.
V. WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
A. Physical Tasks
Exerts normal physical energy.
B. Working Conditions
Normal office environment. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel overnight or on weekends.
VI. FINANCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
No input into budgetary process.
VII. OTHER JOB RELATED INFORMATION:
Typical Related Experience: Requires a Bachelor's Degree in a technical field, such as Engineering/Industrial Technology, or Bachelor's degree and equivalent experience, which should include exposure to hardware development projects. (In addition to the items listed above, the Essential Functions are: 1. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties set forth in Section II above. 2. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing; 3. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers; 4. Utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents; 5. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations; 6. Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule; 7. Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.)
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor Degree or equivalent experience.
Skilled with computer and a thorough knowledge of the Microsoft Office products.
Preferred Skills and Education
Previous experience in a defense/aerospace environment preferred.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Configuration Analyst I
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression