BAE Systems Security Administrator: F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System in MCAS Beaufort, South Carolina
The F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) Security Administrator will maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators. Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space. The selected candidate will interact with users and evaluate vendor product, make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinate installation and provide backup recovery. Additionally the Security Administrator will develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
The Security Administrator will be responsible for providing the overall on-site security auditing and support of the system. The Security Administrator serves as the primary point of contact for monitoring the system health and shall utilize a series of automated auditing tools also augmented with manual processes to insure that auditing occurs to guarantee compliancy of the accredited systems.
Administrative responsibilities include:
a) Monitors and reviews security audit logs
b) Standalone system auditing and audit archiving
c) Assist with hardware sanitization for equipment removal
d) Hardware control inventory
e) Ancillary system auditing
f) General IA Security monitoring
g) Maintaining security documentation
h) Monitoring system performance/configurations
i) Handle and store classified documents and media
j) Enforce all United States Air Force (USAF) and local security procedures and practices
k) Monito compliance with myriad security disciplines (e.g., COMSEC)
l) Provide assistance with file plans and documentation maintenance in classified containers
m) Change classified container combinations and document and generate applicable paperwork
n) Assist in security investigations, and perform other duties as required
The selected applicant selected may be required to work at deployed CONUS/OCONUS locations, work rotating shifts, and work in excess of 40 hours per week. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements. The successful candidate must be capable of passing a USAF Physical and must maintain their medical fitness for this position.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates must have an Active Secret security clearance
Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience OR Associate's Degree and 7 years of experience OR High School Diploma/GED and 11 years of experience.
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Base Leadership (e.g. Officers and management)
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F-35 hardware and software
4) Must be familiar with security controls, aware of security incidents, alert to vulnerabilities,
5) Knowledgeable about security patching (IAVAs, IAVBs, IAVAMs, antivirus signatures, security definitions, etc) the effects on the system
6) Experienced with Windows events and error codes
7) Meticulous with routine tasks and inquisitive about anomalies
8) Must be certified at and retain DoD IAT Level II
9) Self-starter with the ability to multitask
10) Must be willing to work off hours depending upon operational needs
11) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
12) Strong systems & software engineering and/or database administration process background
13) Good communication & Verbal skills
14) Self-starter & be able to Multi-task
15) Must be willing to travel to operational sites depending on operational needs, to include supporting deployments
16) Familiarity with SPLUNK or other auditing tools is a major plus
17) Experience providing security support in a SAP environment is a plus
18) Knowledgeable of Joint Air Force, Army, Navy (JAFAN) manuals or DOD manuals 5205.07 volumes 1 through 4
19) Prior Software Engineering background and experience to be Knowledgeable of system administration skills, to include:
a) Storage Area Network (SAN), logical unit number (LUN) and host bus adapter (HBA) Hardware
b) Internet Protocol (IP) Switch Fabric architecture (Routing, Fail Over, etc.)
c) Networked Attached Storage (NAS) and supported protocols
d) Engineering skills required for maintaining Enterprise Server Racks
e) SSL/VPN security architecture with integration into multi-layered Firewall architecture
h) Understanding of Network Open System Interconnection (OSI) Model Layers.
j) Disaster recovery/restores
k) Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
l) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
m) Software Maintenance applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
n) User Account Maintenance (Active Directory)
Preferred Skills and Education
1) Knowledgeable of F-35 program security requirements.
2) Experience working in military environment.
3) Ability to be flexible in working with consistently changing mission requirements.
4) Knowledgeable user of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
5) Security Professional and Security Certified
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That s BAE Systems. That s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Security Administrator: F-35 Autonomic Logistics Information System
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression