BAE Systems F-35 Off Board Missions (OMS) System Administrator in MCAS Beaufort, South Carolina
The Off Board Missions (OMS) System Administrator for F35, Autonomic Logistics Information System will perform OMS technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analysis for total systems.
The selected candidate will maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
Duties may include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software and allocate mass storage space which will interact with users and act as Subject Matter Expert for use of the product suite. Additionally, the OMS System Administrator will coordinate installs, provide backup recovery, develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
The System Administrator will ensure successful software operations for Mission Planning, Theater Data Generation, Tactical/Intel Debrief, Air Vehicle Authentication & Crypto, Key Management, and Air Vehicle Secure Interface capabilities. OMS Administrators will be expected to perform tasks to support the Offboard Mission Support Environment (OMSE). Many tasks performed by the Database Administrators and System Administrators are also tasks that are performed by an OMS Administrator to support the OMSE.
OMS Administrator will perform duties that include the following:
1) Provide, manage and support the OMSE:
a) Maintain/Install MPSE updates
b) Support pilots in the Mission Planning/Debriefing Process
c) Support, administer, and monitor associated hardware/software
2) Perform data management of mission planning and mission recorded data
3) Maintain and store associated security logs and audit data
4) Install and configure MPSE on the appropriate units at the site
5) Setup user accounts with different levels of software/data access
6) Maintain mission planning data/databases
7) Perform cryptographic key loading and processing, and review audit logs
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates must have an Active Secret security clearance
Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years of experience OR Associate's Degree and 7 years of experience OR High School Diploma/GED and 11 years of experience. In addition to the following:
1) Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Mission planning and Fighter Tactics, Operations, & experience (e.g. Mission planning, post flight debriefing, etc.)
2) COMSEC experience
3) Good Communication & Verbal skills
4) Self Starter & the ability to multitask
5) Prior System Administrator experience
6) Must hold an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and hold Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
7) Must able to obtain and retain Security certification
8) Must be willing to work various shifts depending on operational needs
9) Must be willing to travel, to include Squadron deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs.
Preferred Skills and Education
1) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Pilots, Senior Officers, and management
2) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
3) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F35 Mission Systems hardware and software
4) Certified in Security
5) Demonstrated Skills & Knowledge Set / Tools & Applications:
a) Windows XP (administrator and general use experience)
b) Network experience (e.g. domain controller and simple network configurations)
c) Backups of Physical servers (Windows 2003 OS), virtual machines, ESX server
d) Disaster recovery/restores
e) Hardware/System Monitoring of physical and virtual servers
f) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
g) Software Maintenance applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
h) User Account Maintenance (Account creation/management with Active Directory)
6) Systems & Software Engineering background and experience
7) Weapons Systems Officer
8) Electronics Warfare Officer
9) Precision Guided Munitions Planning Software (PGMPS)
10) Mission Planning Systems Support Representatives (SSR)
11) Experience with Air Force Mission Planning Support System (AFMSS)
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That s BAE Systems. That s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
F-35 Off Board Missions (OMS) System Administrator
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression