BAE Systems Senior CREO Electro-Mech Designer in Manassas, Virginia
BAE Systems is looking for experienced engineering professionals to join our established and rapidly expanding Space Systems Product Line. We are a premier provider of advanced high-reliability space payloads, electronics, sensors and subsystems with products that have enabled a wide variety of civil, commercial, and national security space missions for over 25 years. We are leading the way in the development of advanced processing solutions that enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats. With these new solutions, we will provide the higher processing capability necessary for critical communication, navigation, surveillance and tracking, planetary exploration, weather, and classified missions.
The Space Systems product line is seeking a Senior Creo Designer.
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Convert customer specifications and/or engineering concepts to practical design solutions in the Space product area. Must be able to generate conceptual as well as detailed designs. Must be able to generate the engineering drawings to document those designs. Perform considerable liaison with technical personnel. Emphasis is on having a strong background in drafting, documentation and design modeling.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Researches data required to develop designs from precedents, manufacturer's catalogues, and technical guides. Employ the best combination of preliminary information and contributing data to develop final designs.
2. Evaluates customer specifications and engineering concepts as typically required to initiate a design effort.
3. Develops complex design layouts of complex structural enclosures, electronic components and units and electromechanical equipment requiring considerable drafting skill to visualize and portray. This is done to communicate engineering ideas and information in support of engineering functions.
4. Develops complex wiring diagrams and layout drawings used in manufacture, assembly, installation and repair of electronic equipment. Develop complex layout and detailed drawings of SpaceVPX module assemblies, enclosure/chassis, panels, racks, harness and cable assemblies.
5. Develops complex detailed working drawings of machinery and mechanical devices, indicating dimensions and tolerances, fasteners and joining requirements, and other engineering data. Develop multiple-view assembly and subassembly drawings required for manufacture and repair of mechanisms.
6. Coordinates with engineers and other design personnel to satisfy detail design requirements for proposals and industrial or military equipment.
7. Reviews and verifies completed work, checking accuracy of dimensions, materials, relationship of one part to another and various parts to the whole and quantities.
8. Supports engineering in areas of analysis, calculations and testing and/or participation in original conception and critical design review.
9. Provides the coordination required with engineering, vendors, manufacturing, quality control, customers or others.
10. Mastery of CAD applications and PC related utilities used for generation of engineering documentation.
11. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
12. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
13. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable regulations.
14. Analyze, evaluate, develop and implement processes and systems within budget and adhere to time requirements and schedule.
15. Design and develop products and services using state-of-the-art technology, principles, theories and concepts.
16. Assigns work, reviews designs and coordinates all design drafting disciplines on a given project.
17. Prepares studies and reports for estimates, job status and labor requirements.
18. Investigates, becomes familiar with and applies the latest materials and equipment, fabrication techniques, assembly methods, interchangeability, replaceability, strength/weight efficiency to achieve cost, human engineering, schedule and design requirements.
19. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
20. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
1. Must be proficient understanding and being compliant against MIL-STD-31000A (Technical Data Packages).
2. Must be proficient understanding and being compliant against ASME Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices).
3. Must be proficient understanding and being compliant against ASME Y14.24 (Types of Engineering Drawings).
4. Must be proficient understanding and being compliant against ASME Y14.5-1994 (Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
5. Must be proficient working with Military Specification .
6. Must be proficient using CREO Parametric 4.X and Intralink 11.X .
7. Intermediate proficiency with a formal product data manager (PDM) system.
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Bachelor s degree and 8 years of related experience.
Associates degree and 12 years of related experience
2. Certificates or records of course completion with PTC products, specifically Creo Parametric and Pro/Intralink or Windchill.Experience using CREO sheet metal and cabling functionality.
3. Certificates or records of course completion with Enova PDM V6.
4. Certificates or records of course completion of Y14.5M-1994 (or later) Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
1. Expert proficiency with Technical Data Packages in accordance with MIL-STD-31000A .
2. Expert proficiency knowledge of Engineering Drawing Practices in accordance with ASME Y14.100 .
3. Expert proficiency with Engineering Drawing Types in accordance with ASME Y14.24 .
4. Expert proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ASME Y14.5M-1994 (or later).
5. Expert proficiency with Military Specifications
6. Expert proficiency with PTC CREO Parametric 4.X and Intralink 11.X .
7. Expert proficiency with Dassault Systems ENOVIA PDM Version 6 .
8. High level of technical competence in all levels of documentation with the ability to plan and carry out work assignments of varying complexity on varying product types.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Senior CREO Electro-Mech Designer
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression