BAE Systems Senior Design Checking Specialist in Hudson, New Hampshire
BAE Systems is looking for experienced engineering professionals to join our established and rapidly expanding C4ISRS Business Area. We are a premier provider of advanced Space, Maritime, SIGINT and SOCOM systems. We are leading the way in the development of advanced processing solutions that enable our customers to deliver new mission capabilities to address evolving challenges and threats. With these new solutions, we will provide the higher processing capability necessary for critical communication, navigation, surveillance and tracking, planetary exploration, weather, and classified missions.
The C4ISRS Business Area is seeking a Senior Creo Design Checker .
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Ensure final documentation and associated design models meets all contract requirements before leaving the Design and Drafting department. Responsible for providing technical leadership, networking with other disciplines, tutoring peers and associates in all documentation practices and technical presentation. Emphasis is on having a strong background in drafting, checking documentation and solid models.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Assists Design in interpreting customer specifications, and developing engineering concepts early in the process to reduce cost and/or schedule.
2. Participates in preliminary, critical and final design reviews.
3. Knowledgeable of current company manufacturing processes and is capable of establishing a network of resources for various design needs.
4. Participates in CCB (Configuration Control Board) efforts in establishing issues of responsibility for various disciplines including engineering, manufacturing, design and drafting, etc.
5. Provides status of various programs as to checking cycle and schedule provided in proposals.
6. Schedules work of other checkers and establishes level of checking required for various programs.
7. Ability to train peers and associates in proper documentation practices, as well as provide guidance for adherence to all applicable ASME and MIL specifications, and company engineering drawing and modeling requirements.
8. Reviews and verifies completed work, checking accuracy of dimensions, materials, relationship of one part to another and various parts to the whole and quantities.
9. Provides input for evaluations on all levels of Design and Drafting personnel.
10. Capable of writing reports for progress, problems and solutions to various program goals in a clear and concise manner.
11. Mastery of CAD applications and PC related utilities used for generation of engineering documentation.
12. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
13. Exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel, customers and suppliers.
14. Make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable regulations.
15. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
16. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
1. Must be proficient understanding and being compliant against MIL-STD-31000A (Technical Data Packages).
2. Must be proficient understanding and being compliant against ASME Y14.100 (Engineering Drawing Practices).
3. Must be proficient understanding and being compliant against ASME Y14.24 (Types of Engineering Drawings).
4. Must be proficient understanding and being compliant against ASME Y14.5-1994 or later(Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
5. Must be proficient working with Military Specifications .
6. Must have intermediate proficiency using CREO Parametric 4.X and Intralink 11.X or higher.
7. Intermediate proficiency with a formal product data manager (PDM) system.
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Bachelor s degree and 8 years of related experience.
Associates degree and 12 years of related experience
2. Certificates or records of course completion with PTC products, specifically Creo Parametric and Pro/Intralink or Windchill. Experience using CREO sheet metal and cabling functionality.
3. Certificates or records of course completion with Enovia PDM V6.
4. Certificates or records of course completion of Y14.5M-1994 (or later) Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
1. Expert proficiency with Technical Data Packages in accordance with MIL-STD-31000A .
2. Expert proficiency knowledge of Engineering Drawing Practices in accordance with ASME Y14.100 .
3. Expert proficiency with Engineering Drawing Types in accordance with ASME Y14.24 .
4. Expert proficiency with Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing in accordance with ASME Y14.5M-1994 (or later).
5. Expert proficiency with Military Specifications
6. Expert proficiency with PTC CREO Parametric 4.X and Intralink 11.X .
7. Expert proficiency with Dassault Systems ENOVIA PDM Version 6 .
8. High level of technical competence in all levels of documentation with the ability to plan and carry out work assignments of varying complexity on varying product types.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Senior Design Checking Specialist
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression