BAE Systems Off Board Mission Support (OMS) / Weapons System Subject Matter Expert (SME) in Hill AFB, Utah
This individual will be the Off Board Mission Support (OMS) / Weapons System Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) Autonomic Logistics Information System (ALIS) for the United States Air Force and Foreign partners, serving the western region.
Serves as Subject Matter Expert on critical F-35 mission software data
Using source data, programs sensors and weapons profiles and translates mission requirements into effective electronic mission plans.
Builds end-to-end standardized mission plans.
Performs OMS technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, supportability and effectiveness analysis for mission planning and air vehicle systems.
Provides OMS technical guidance in support of the software operations for the Mission Planning, Theater Data Generation, Tactical/Intel Debrief, Air Vehicle Authentication & Crypto, Key Management, and Air Vehicle Secure Interface capabilities of the system.
Creates/Reviews training materials for the Pilot Training Centers throughout the enterprise.
Leads and coordinates activities of junior OMS Admins and OMS SMEs in the enterprise.
OMS Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are expected to perform tasks to support the Offboard Mission Support Environment (OMSE) to include OMS System Administration duties below:
1) Provide, manage and support the OMSE:
a) Maintain/Install MPSE updates
b) Support pilots in Mission Planning/Debriefing Process
c) Support, administer and monitor associated hardware/software
2) Perform data management of mission planning and mission recorded data.
3) Maintain and store associated security logs and audit data.
4) Install and configure MPSE on the appropriate units at the site.
5) Setup user accounts with different levels of software/data access.
6) Maintain mission planning data/databases.
7) Perform cryptographic key loading and processing, and review audit logs.
As the Regional SME, must be willing to travel regularly, to include Squadron CONUS/OCONUS deployments for extended periods depending on operational needs. Position may require the ability to perform in an arduous duty environment and subject to all applicable U.S. Government requirements. A detailed list of these requirements will be available at the time of interview and employment will be contingent on agreement and compliance with such requirements.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Candidates must have a Final Transferable Secret security clearance, last Periodic Reinvestigation must be within the last six years.
Candidates must be able to attain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) access.
In addition to the following:
1) Must have prior fighter aircraft Weapons System offensive and defensive employment experience (F-22, F-35, F-15E, F-18, EA-6B, E-3A etc..)
2) Must have extensive Joint Mission Planning System (JMPS) Mission planning and Fighter Tactics, Operations, experience (e.g. Mission planning, post flight debriefing, etc.)
3) Must have experience with radar, electronic warfare, electro-optical targeting, and fire control systems.
4) Experience with precision weapons and PGMPS
5) Experience with Link 16/Datalinks
6) Outstanding Communication & Verbal skills
7) Self Starter & the ability to multi-task
8) COMSEC handling experience
9) Must have an active DoD Secret clearance and be able to obtain and maintain Special Access Program (SAP) clearances
10) Must be able to obtain and retain DoD IAT Level II certification (eg Security CE).
11) Must be willing to work off hours, to include 0300-1200, 0700-1600 (standard), 1000-1900, and/or 1500-2400 depending on operational needs.
12) Position will require some travel to support regional bases, new sites and proficiency training.
Preferred Skills and Education
1) Familiarity with existing LM products and processes, to include Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) F35 Mission Systems hardware and software
2) Ability to integrate AOC products (ATO, ACO, SPINS, COMM, EOB, etc.) into F-35 Mission Data
3) Systems & Software Engineering background and experience
4) Mission Planning Systems Support Representatives (SSR)
5) Experience with Air Force Mission Planning Support System (AFMSS)
6) Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to create presentation material for Pilots, Senior Officers, and management
7) Proficiency in all MS Office applications
8) Certified in Security
9) Demonstrated Skills & Knowledge Set / Tools & Applications:
a) Windows 7 (administrator and general use experience)
b) Network experience - simple network configurations helpful
c) Disaster recovery/restores
d) System Maintenance - scheduled upgrades/maintenance, startup and shutdown of rack components
e) Software Maintenance applying OS updates, antivirus/antispyware updates, and patch updates
f) User Account Maintenance (Account creation/management with Active Directory)
10) Ability to integrate delivered intelligence and mission data files (MDF) into enterprise-wide mission profiles.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we dofrom intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That s BAE Systems. That s Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Off Board Mission Support (OMS) / Weapons System Subject Matter Expert (SME)
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression