BAE Systems Contracts Manager I in Greenlawn, New York
1. Supervise, direct and evaluate the activities of Contract personnel involved in bid and proposal efforts, and the negotiation and management of contracts to assure compliance with company policies and procedures.
2. Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the U.S. government acquisition and procurement environment, commercial contracting methods, export, FAR/DFAR and other government regulations.
3. Analyze solicitations, assure that bids and proposals are prepared and presented in a manner so as to afford the Company the greatest opportunity to obtain the contract award while minimizing associated liabilities and risk, support independent proposal reviews (red teams, phase reviews).
4. Capable of establishing and managing negotiation strategies and financial requirements. Perform business risk assessment and recommend mitigation plans, negotiate contracts requiring a high degree of negotiation expertise, execute proposals and contracts.
5. Experienced in drafting and negotiating complex teaming arrangements or other types of contracting arrangements.
6. Prepare contract summaries, and provide management with complete, current and accurate data by reporting progress on contract activity, together with recommendations for management action and decision.
7. Foster and maintain sound and reliable relationships with counterparts in customer organizations.
8. Demonstrate specialized knowledge in an area of contracting such as, but not limited to, international contracting, certain contract types, commercial contracting, joint ventures, strategic alliances and intellectual property.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or 12 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
1. Bachelors Degree in Business or Finance or equivalent and twelve (12) or more years experience.
2. Exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties.
3. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
4. Exhibits sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating.
5. Uses computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents.
6. Make decisions using sound judgment.
7. Develops and demonstrates research and presentation skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Contracts Manager I
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression