BAE Systems Subcontracts Manager I in Austin, Texas
Responsible for the procurement of complex, high dollar subcontract materials/services. Responsible for the entire procurement lifecycle including but not limited to issuing RFP's, developing and executing negotiation strategies, creating and issuing subcontract documentation and ensuring suppliers deliver conforming products/services within required timeframes. The position requires the ability to perform cost analyses and commercial item determinations. May be required to assist in training/mentoring Subcontracts professionals at various experience levels. Strong written and verbal communication skills are required. Significant interaction with internal customers and stakeholders. Must be able to perform work independently with minimal management oversight.
Primary duties and responsibilities also include:
1) Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, BAE Systems and Procurement function policies and procedures, commercial subcontracting, export, FAR/DFAR and other Government regulations.
2) May participate as an assessor in program Phase Reviews.
3) Establish and manage negotiation strategies and financial requirements, perform business risk assessment and mitigation plans, conduct negotiation of subcontracts requiring a high degree of negotiation expertise.
4) Draft and negotiate complex supplier arrangements or other types of subcontract arrangements.
5) Prepare subcontract summaries and provide management with complete, current and accurate data by reporting progress on subcontract activity, together with recommendations for management action/decision.
6) Develops solutions to complex subcontracting issues, which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation. Ensure solutions are consistent with organization objectives.
7) Close subcontracts.
8) May work in a multi-site or multi-product business area.
9) Undertake special assignments and other duties as required.
10) Guide the activities of Subcontracts personnel at various experience levels in bid/proposal efforts, negotiations and management of subcontracts to assure compliance with company policies and procedures.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
1) Bachelor's degree and at least 8 years of related subcontracts procurement experience
2) Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3) Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment in the performance of duties
4) Ability to exhibit sound interpersonal skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with company personnel and suppliers
5) Ability to utilize computer skills to prepare appropriate reports and documents
6) Ability to make decisions using sound judgment while complying with policies, procedures, appropriate principles and applicable state and federal laws and regulations
7) In depth understanding of Government contracts, types, regulations, process, and procedures
Preferred Skills and Education
1) Knowledge of Oracle business system
2) Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suites
3) Experience with continuous improvement techniques
4) A business or technical degree
5)Experience in procuring major subcontract items in support of US Government defense subcontracts
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Subcontracts Manager I
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression