BAE Systems Material Planner in Louisville, Kentucky
Works under general direction and guidance of the Department Master Scheduler and is responsible for all planning and scheduling of manufactured and/or subcontractor provided parts through the following systems: Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Enterprise Resources Planning (ERP) and Capacity Requirements Planning (CRP) to support production manufacturing. Familiar with a variety of the organizational concepts, practices, and procedures, as well as, a complete understanding of material planning and control. This position relies on experience and judgment to organize, plan and accomplish department objectives with a wide degree of creativity and latitude expected to fulfill a variety of duties.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
- Reviews/analyzes system MRP/ERP and other output reports and on-line screens to determine valid requirements, taking into consideration excess on-hand/work-in-process (WIP) material; approves/releases valid replenishment orders in a timely manner resulting in a steady/level flow to manufacturing.
- Maintains valid part order policies, modifier, safety stock, issue codes and commodity codes as applicable; ensures applicable information is correctly assigned in Product Structure File.
- Evaluates component lead-times compatible with the material management system; assists with resolving out-of-sync lead-times with manufacturing.
- Prevents anticipated shortages by utilizing shortage report and simulated pick lists; takes action required to clear part shortages (i.e. expediting, material transfers, substitutions, etc.).
- Monitors and maintains order due dates to ensure validity.
- Participates in re-negotiating due date expectations with internal customers to ensure on time delivery of product.
- Reviews work for machines/work centers to maximize throughput, resource utilization, machine/labor efficiencies, and/or service level.
- May assist with the development of project material strategies in order to maintain minimum inventory investment by maximizing turns as well as prudent planning during contract start-ups and change implementation; helps to identify situations that will reduce excess/obsolete inventory.
- Coordinates and maintains "as-built" configuration through the use of appropriate change management tools.
- interfaces frequently with Procurement, Sub Contract Managers/Administrators, Engineering Support and Manufacturing as well as other LOB plant personnel to acquire components.
- Upon request, retrieves computer download files and development spreadsheets for performing "what if" analysis and compiling data in support of business/material decisions.
- Monitors status of actual performance to plan (both schedule and manpower).
- Provides up-to-date KPI data and analyzes and recommends necessary corrective actions.
- Provides support to Material Planners, Material Control Specialists/Attendants and Material Coordinators to facilitate continuous improvement with respect to material flow process.
- Participates in establishing priorities for and coordinating transitional activities in support of new product production, equipment moves, and new process implementation, etc.
- Participates in the development of capacity and manpower plans (direct labor); both short-term production plans with associated manpower requirements and long-term manpower plans for annual budgeting process.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression