BAE Systems Sr Prin Research Engineer in Burlington, Massachusetts
As a Principal Analyst and Research Engineer in the Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) directorate, you will provide research and technical leadership and hands-on algorithm design, implementation, and evaluation for state of the art Battle Management Command and Control technologies.
· Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts and contribute to the development of new principles and concepts
· Design and develop algorithms and interfaces between applications and simulations
· Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions which are highly innovative and ingenious.
· Work independently under consultative direction toward predetermined long-range goals and objectives.
· Develop advanced technological ideas and guides their development into a final product.
· Lead research efforts overseeing activities of other potentially junior personnel.
· Interact directly with current and potential customers to understand their requirements and guide Research and Development efforts to meet their needs
· Support business development through identification of business opportunities, concept innovation, proposal writing, and customer interfacing.
· Serve as an organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs.
· Act as an advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications.
The position may require occasional travel. This position offers significant opportunities for career growth in the leadership and development of scientific and mathematical software applications and algorithms.
Planning and Control Technologies (PCT) is a directorate within the BAE Systems Technology Solutions Fusion, Battle Management, and Computing technology group (TS FBC). PCT is a high growth, entrepreneurial organization that develops state-of the-art mission management technologies, components and systems for many customers in the defense industry. Today's warfighters and intelligence analysts are overwhelmed with data and tasks from a variety of manned and unmanned vehicle systems. PCT helps the warfighter become more effective and efficient in managing networks of heterogeneous vehicles and payloads (e.g., multi-INT surveillance, weapons, non-traditional ISR), by developing automation that offloads manual asset control and optimizes the utility of the network while abiding by physical and operational constraints.
Minimum Education And Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills And Education
Graduate degree in Mathematics, Operations Research, Electrical Engineering, Physics, Computer Science or a related field with either 7 years of experience w/ PhD or 10yrs w/ MS.
Familiarity with Optimization theory
Current US Citizenship
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 100,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Solutions, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Electronic Solutions also includes the group's Technology Solutions unit, which joins the business with government research organizations and industry to develop and demonstrate innovative system concepts in such areas as situational awareness, communications and networking, and precision targeting. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Sr Prin Research Engineer
EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression